"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Baby Turtle Love

Stopping in to Benjamin Moore paints had been on my to-do list ever since I started reading all the crafty blogs and following link after link and coming upon mention after mention of some beautiful color by Benjamin Moore. We always start at Lowe's or Home Depot for paint selection, and, unless we're paiting a wall, which isn't very often, we don't really look at paint at all.
That's quickly changing though as I begin my journey down the multi-colored brick road of furniture painting.
I'm sorry I don't have a before picture to show you, but instead of tackling the end tables or buffet I showed you in the last post, I decided to start with something a bit less dear. I picked up a $10 side table with some really great shapes from Craigslist about a week ago and suddenly, upon seeing the Benjamin Moore store yesterday, decided it needed some paint NOW. We really weren't even positive we would keep it because I didn't have a place in mind for it when I bought it.
I got a $6 pint of Baby Turtle green thinking that the color would be great either in our future living room or it could stay in our bedroom where we have it now. Let me tell you, now that it's done, I am sooooo glad I have more of this color left over. It looks so beautiful in our bedroom with our vine and flower print bedspread from Pottery Barn. I know exactly what I'm using the rest of the paint for, but I'm not telling. You'll just have to wait and see!

It's such a comforting shade of green that could really work with "cottagey" all the way to modern decor,  in my opinion.






































The details on the side really came out to play when the lighter color was applied.  Sometimes the brown of wood just swallows up pretty details like this.






































Look at that wonderful shape!  So mid-century to work in our living room, but the curves make it equally at home in our bedroom.


Do you have a favorite paint color/brand?

Linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence and New Nostalgia...

S

2 comments:

  1. Love the color and it's the cutest little table ever. I know it's mid century but I think it could go anywhere. And the shape will let it FIT anywhere. Enjoy your adorable little table...
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that little table and that colour is so fresh, nice job!
    Good luck with your other pieces!

    ReplyDelete