"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Poppy Clip

Hair clips are a favorite quick craft of mine.  I like hair adornments because you don't have to be good at fixing your hair to use one and they take any hairstyle up a notch.  I knew I would need a lot of them once I had a little girl that needed her hair kept out of her face and I wasn't about to spend $5 -$10 per clip for something I could learn to make myself.  I ordered 50 clips, 50 no-slip grips, a few spools of ribbon and I was off!  That was over a year ago and I've made clips for my little one, myself and for baby shower gifts.  I wear them in my hair and I clip them on the necks or straps of plain shirts to make them special.
If you read my last post below about my poppy canvas, you know I cut out billions of circles.  Well, maybe it wasn't really BILLIONS, but I did end up with more than I needed.  Here is how I used some of the leftovers...

(I'm wearing a bathing suit top.  We're at my husband's family condo in Destin on vacation.  Sweet!  I've already taken a walk on the beach this morning BY MYSELF!  Can you believe it?!  A mother of two children under three taking a walk by herself?!  It was truly awesome.)

























I usually cover the clip with a ribbon, but I was in a hurry, so I just glued the flower straight on and glued the no-slip grip inside.



I rummaged around in my underwear drawer where I keep all the extra buttons that come with clothing I've bought over the years and found this perfect pearlized button.  I especially loved the style of it.  I was able to pinch the flower a bit to give it some shape as I sewed.  I wouldn't have been able to do that with a regular flat button.


Linking up!
UndertheTableandDreaming

Photobucket


S

2 comments:

  1. VERY pretty...my daughters would like this :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! I love that poppy canvas too! Great idea to make some hair adornments. A walk on the beach sounds lovely! Thanks for entering the gorilla glue giveaway. I am a new follower here!
    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete