"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Craft Table

The craft table is finished and in the sunroom. As you can see, I need to figure out where that lovely brown box full of fabrics is going to go. I am having no inspiration whatsoever for an organaizational solution that's easy on the eyes.


I experimented with the table top finish. I had just about 1/5 of the sample size paint jar left after two coats. Not enough for another coat, but enough to feel like it would be wasted if I didn't use it. I bought some discontinued pearlized color samples from Benjamin Moore for 99 cents a while back and decided to mix one of those with the rest of the paint. Then I used a big bristly old brush and dry-brushed the mixture over the whole table top. It looks like the striations on a seashell to me. I like how the pearlized paint just catches the light as if the paint is still wet. I'll be experimenting with pearlized paint more in the future.



























S

No comments:

Post a Comment