"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Me Made June '11

As you may or may not have noticed, I have added a new button to my side bar.
I have admired the hand made and hand sewn wearables of others through blogs and Flickr for some time now, but have only recently begun to make a real effort to create some of my own (complete with blog posts and Flickr pictures).
I just happened to stumble upon a blog hosting a month long celebration/challenge of wearing things you yourself have made.  This challenge can truly be tailored to fit your own desires and I have made my own little commitment.  It's small, but still a stretch for me because my handmade wardrobe is so small right now.

My commitment for Me Made June '11 is to wear something made by me, whether it be clothing, accessory or bag at least twice a week for the duration of the month of June.  I also want to make at least two more items of clothing for myself this month.

I'm going on vacation starting this coming weekend for a week and not bringing along the sewing machine.  So, while I will be able to hold myself to my two items a week, the creating of two more wearables this month may be challenging with a full week gone.
I am really excited to get inspired by everybody else's pics and to have the chance to possibly discover some new patterns, specifically for shirts, pants or shorts.  (I've got dress patterns out my ears.)

Good luck to me!  and everyone else participating.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment