"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Patterns Out My Ears - pt. 4

Don't worry, I'm not going to continue this series past this post. I have about 10 patterns total that are just for me that I've never made, but I won't go through each one....

I bought fabric enough to make 5 items and I think that's more than enough to keep me busy for a while. (I've still got a business to sew for.)

The pattern I think will come together the quickest is this one. It's a Project Runway pattern.


These patterns are designed to encourage mixing parts and pieces. After all, the show was all about creating something that was unique and individual.
Every time I see a finished product of this pattern on flickr, I ohh and ahhhh. It was only a matter of time before I got one for myself.














I'll cut to the chase and tell you my plan. I want to do the first top on the upper left and the fabric I chose for the it is  Amy Butler's Sunspots from her Love collection.  Not only have I been eyeing this pattern for a while, I've also wanted Sunspots ever since the collection came out.
I'm probably going to showcase the neat shape of the yoke by making it a solid color.

I have high hopes for some instant gratification and a top I can wear all summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment