"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Sweet Silhouettes

If you have ever thought about having a silhouette made of you or a loved one, I have a recommendation for who you should give your business.  I don't know how I stumbled upon Blue Clara, but working with this amazing and talented shop owner has been nothing but a pleasure.
I emailed her a photo of my then 18-month-old girl (she's now 3) and shortly received a file with her silhouette.  I was told to preview it and request any changes.  I'm a picky person, so when someone tells me I can change it if I want, I usually take advantage of that offer.  I asked her to take some stray hairs off and clean up the look of the curls at the nape of the neck.  I was afraid I was being too particular, but she sent back four options for me to choose from and reiterated that I should be completely happy before she mailed the final product.  I was completely satisfied with one of the four pictures she sent and we've had our eldest daughter's silhouette framed in a lovely oval frame for a couple years now.  It's one of my favorite things to walk by in my home.
I've been counting down the months until the baby turned 18 months so we could get hers done.  I sent in a request to Blue Clara and even though she's on vacation from her shop doing some home improvements, she told me to go ahead and send a pic.
I ended up sending two and specifying that I wanted the face from one and the hair from another.  She got the proof back to me within a couple of days and, oh my goodness, she had blended my pictures perfectly!  She even showed me my two girls side by side so that I could compare and make any changes I wanted on the second one.  No changes needed, though.  She really hit it out of the park this time and my heart just melts when I see my girls together.


I just can't recommend this service enough and I also encourage you to consider this, if not for display in your own home, then as a gift option.  Father's Day is coming up and parents and grandparents alike would swoon over these, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment