"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Friday, May 4, 2012

MeMadeMay 2012 Round Up: Days 1-5

I have not only committed to at least 7 me-made items of clothing per week, but also will be trying to vary my poses so I don't get stuck with my hand on my hip all month (as in Day One...)

Day One: red cami - from long ago, faux wrap tank - Target clearance,
Me made basic gathered skirt made in red/white pinstripe poly suiting.
Picture taken in the Belk dressing room because that's where I remembered to do it and had a chance.

Day Two: ruffled keyhole blouse - secondhand Liberty of London for Target
Me made Colette Clovers from turquoise stretch Bengaline suiting from Fabric.com sale.
I faked out my poor puppy dog, Dolce, and made her think that the remote shutter release was a treat so she would be in the picture.
 I have to give you a close-up shot of my favorite nail color coordinating so well with my blouse.  It's Done Out In Deco by OPI.
 Day Three: Me made self-drafted pj pants from a sheet handed down to me from my parents, so, vintage? I guess.
 Day Four: a mini challenge Friday.  Subject matter - food.
Arielle is wearing her me-appliqued popsicle shirt and holding her favorite afternoon snack.
I am wearing my favorite me made from last Summer, my Sis Boom Jamie Dress made from a rayon that can still be found at Hancock Fabrics.  I am also wearing a me made necklace of Liberty of London fabric wrapped beads.  They came in a kit from Whimrose on Etsy.

Day Five: pj shirt.  A cowl neck might be a wierd choice for a pj shirt, but I had two goals (neither of which was to make a pj shirt).  One goal was to try out the very thin knit I had bought to make pj's for my daughter to see how it was going to be to sew.  The other goal was to make something with it that didn't take up a lot of fabric and would let me try another view of a pattern I liked making in the past.  I used McCalls 6078.  If you are looking for a pattern like this, get this one!  I highly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment