"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Me Made May - Days 2 and 3

Yesterday, I took the girls to the playground.  I took our dog, Dolce, on a whim, which turned out to be a bad idea.  There was a sign banning dogs from the playground, so she and I had to stay out.  I wanted to tie her up to the fence, but she wouldn't stop barking until I walked around with her.  I had to stay close to the girls, so I just walked the length of the playground, turned around, walked back and repeated.  Finally, Dolce decided she could be content in one spot and that gave me a chance to take a picture for my daily outfit photo.

























top - Grainline Hemlock Tee (free pattern!) in knit from Girl Charlee
necklace - Liberty lawn covered wooden beads
pants - Old Navy (I have these in about 6 colors)
shoes - Crocs (I want these in more colors)

Today, we went as a family to Fernbank Museum of Natural History.  We are members and enjoy the permanent and changing exhibits, but today, they had a special "Pirate Day" theme with activities for kids.  I homeschool my girls, if I haven't already mentioned that, and we are going through the alphabet, one letter per week, to guide our studies.  This week was letter "P" so we couldn't pass up the chance to celebrate "Pirate Day."  We didn't dress for the ocassion, but we did have fun.

blouse - Simplicity 2246 in chambray (shortened from the dress I originally made)
shirt - Old Navy girls XL (I totally check out the girls' section in stores)
jeans - Target
shoes - Target



1 comment: